By Michael "Blue" Erdmier, Sunday, December 14, 2014
Our official position on man-made "climate change" is a pessimistic
There are many people far more eloquent and knowledgable than I who can explain it much better, so I will let them.
The Earth (and Sun) have cyclical climates, long periods of ups and downs.Just in the mid-1970's, science and the media were all about the impending "ice age".
Think of it this way, where were the ginormous SUVs and gas-guzzlers who took us out of the last actual Ice Ace? Were the dinosaurs driving them?!
Suffice to say, if "science" was the all-knowing, faultless source of knowledge they claim to be, they would not have completely reversed their opinion on this issue in such a short period of time.
Folks who worship science of the Word of God (and yes, even in the church) could learn a thing or two from that fact alone.
For now, here is one article which explains most of it perfectly, followed by links to articles from mainstream media outlets in the mid-1970's claiming an impending "ice age".
Some Useful FACTS About Global Warming and Climate
By Alan Caruba, September 24, 2014
Thanks to Sunday’s Climate March in New York and Tuesday’s Climate Summit at the United Nations, Americans and others will have been deluged with the lies that have been told to sustain this greatest of all hoaxes.
Here are the known facts. Use them to protect yourself against the Green assault the truth:
* Both the Earth and the Sun pass through natural cycles. The Sun is currently in a cycle of lower radiation as signaled by fewer sunspots representing magnetic storms.
* There is currently no global warming. The Earth has been in a cooling cycle for 19 years. No child who has passed through K-12 classes in school has experienced a single day of “global warming".
* Not one computer model that predicted increased warming has been accurate.
* Carbon dioxide, (CO2) blamed for global warming, is not a “pollutant”
despite a Supreme Court decision stating this. Our exhaled breath contains
about 4% of CO2.
How can carbon dioxide be called a “pollutant” when it is directly responsible for the growth of all vegetation on the planet?
Without CO2 there would not be a single blade of grass or a redwood tree. Or the animal life that depends on vegetation; wheat and rice, for example, as food.
* There is zero evidence that carbon dioxide generated by human activities
is causing catastrophic climate change.
Climate is measured in centuries or shorter periods of many decades in order to determine its cycles. The weather is what is occurring where you reside and it changes every day.
* At 78% nitrogen is the most abundant gas in the Earth’s atmosphere.
It is an essential building block of amino acids present in all proteins.
It is a very stable, unreactive gas. Oxygen is the second most abundant gas-of-life in the atmosphere at 21%.
Water vapor is the third most abundant gas-of-life in the atmosphere; it varies up to 5%, It reduces incoming solar radiation by day and reduces surface cooling at night.
Carbon dioxide is the least abundant gas in the atmosphere at 0.04%.
* The assertion that 97% of scientists believe that climate change is man-made
and an urgent problem is a fiction.
In May Joseph Bast, president of The Heartland Institute, cited the Zimmerman/Doran survey in which, out of 3,146 respondents, only 79 listed climate science as an area of expertise. Hardly 97%.
“Surveys of meteorologists repeatedly find a majority oppose the alleged consensus,” noted Bast.
* In February, Patrick Moore, a Canadian ecologist, a co-founder of Greenpeace,
a militant environmental group which he left in 1986, told members of the
Senate Environment and Public Works Committee
“There is no scientific proof that human emissions of carbon dioxide are the dominant cause of the minor warming of the Earth’s atmosphere over the past 100 years.”
* Not only is the Earth not warming, but Heartland Institute analyst, Peter
Ferrara, notes that
“If you look at the record of global temperature data, you will find that the late 20th Century period of global warming actually lasted about 20 years, from the late 1970s to the late 1990s.
Before that, the globe was dominated by about 30 years of global cooling, giving rise in the 1970s to media discussions of the return of the Little Ice Age (circa 1450 to 1850), or worse.”
* The cooling of the Earth has led to a dramatic increase in both Arctic and Antarctic ice, up 50% since 2012.
* One result of the false claims about carbon dioxide has been the Obama
administration’s policies such as the refusal to permit the construction
of the Keystone XL pipeline to import oil from Canada to U.S. refineries.
The Environmental Protection Agency’s absurd restrictions on CO2 emissions have forced the closure of many coal-fired plants that are needed to provide low cost electrical energy.
The administration has long wanted to impose a “carbon tax” on all energy use in America, a punishing and needless expense.
* The Obama administration’s climate policies are entirely political
in nature. It has announced that the EPA’s process of setting new rules
affecting power plants will be delayed
until after the November 4 midterm elections. It is extending the public comment period until December 1.
* The growing discontent over similar climate and environmental policies was evident when leaders of the European Union announced it was moving away from green policies that had driven up the cost of electricity across the continent.
* In a world threatened by the rise of radical Islamism, by the outbreak
of diseases like Ebola, and other actual problems to be addressed,
the notion that thousands would march in the belief that they and the entire rest of the Earth’s population have any effect on the climate is appalling.
* What is perhaps most sad and most reprehensible are the host of world leaders who continue to maintain the lie of global warming or the misrepresentation of climate change to impose a tax on an essential element of the Earth’s atmosphere.
© Alan Caruba, 2014
Chrck out this article from Newsweek, April 28, 1975
one from TIME Magazine, June 24, 1974 (subscription required for full
(Side note, the cover of TIME from April 1977 regarding "The Coming Ice Age" is a fake, but this article is real)
Better yet, here is an enormous round-up of 1970's "Global Cooling Alarmism" articles and videos in the media
Yeah, sorry "science". If you were so inerrant, you would be a
lot more consistent.
May God greatly bless all of you!